Can not add prefix to ABB Charge point ID, ABB Terra AC

I try to integrate ABB Terra AC W22-G5-R-C-O to EVNEX platform. In order to do that I have to change Charge Point ID at the charger begin with my prefix. The problem is I can not change ABB Terra AC Charge Point ID. Have you ever integrate ABB Terra AC? please advise. https://library.e.abb.com/public/78c5a780b1924be881da06e28c1f6051/Terra%20AC%20Installation%20manual%20V001.pdf https://library.e.abb.com/public/65b63e7274de41b6ac504d71314beacd/Terra%20AC%20User%20manual%20V001.pdf

Thank You
Nick

Hi Nick,

I’ve raised the question with our national ABB contact regarding being able to change the Charge Point ID. Will get back to you as soon as they respond.

Kind regards,
Aaron

Hi Nick,

Just an update on how we’re progressing. The rep contacted has referred me onto another team member and looking to have an answer for this by today or tomorrow.

Kind regards,
Aaron

Hi Aaron

Thank you very much.

Nick

Hi Nick,

In the mean time i’ve been able to find some documentation that you need to use the TerraConfig app to change the setting.

There is then a “OCPP Server” section once the charge point is connected via bluetooth.
The thing that is still blocking us is ABB adding our OCPP server to their Terra Config system.

I have requested for the server to be added.

Kind regards,
Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I have used Terra Config App to do the setting. I already have ABB added EVNEX server. The problem is Terra Config not allow to change Charge Point ID name. I need to put prefix in front of Charge Point ID name.

If only I don’t have to put prefix in front of Charge Point ID, it would be no problem. Can you do that, allow me not to put prefix?

Can you show me current Make and Model of the chargers that already integrated to EVNEX successfully?

Thank You,

Nick

| aaron.evnex
14 April |

• | - |

Hi Nick,

In the mean time i’ve been able to find some documentation that you need to use the TerraConfig app to change the setting.

There is then a “OCPP Server” section once the charge point is connected via bluetooth.
The thing that is still blocking us is ABB adding our OCPP server to their Terra Config system.

I have requested for the server to be added.

Kind regards,
Aaron

Hi Nick

Our list of currently supported charging stations is here, although customers have connected many others:

We’re just trying to get to the bottom of this, as this is the first charging station that we’ve seen that doesn’t allow its charge point ID to be changed. This is particularly unusual, as many charge point operators insist on a standard charge point ID format.

Aaron will be back in touch once we’ve had an official response from ABB.

Cheers,
Ed

Hi Ed, Aaron

You have charge button in your platform to start charging transaction but I can not find stop charging button. Do you have stop charging button?

Reason I ask for stop button because I have mobile application to send API to the platform to start charging and mobile application to send API to the platform to stop charging when it’s time up. So if you don’t have stop button, can my mobile application send API to stop the transaction?

Does your REST API accept stop charging API command?

Thank You

Nick Laohakul

| edharvey
15 April |

• | - |

Hi Nick

Our list of currently supported charging stations is here, although customers have connected many others:

Evnex

Supported Charge Points

Information on charge point compatibility with Evnex cloud

We’re just trying to get to the bottom of this, as this is the first charging station that we’ve seen that doesn’t allow its charge point ID to be changed. This is particularly unusual, as many charge point operators insist on a standard charge point ID format.

Aaron will be back in touch once we’ve had an official response from ABB.

Cheers,
Ed

Hi Nick

For API control relating to messages of a more transactional nature (including the starting and stopping of sessions), I would recommend our OCPI API. This is not yet documented on our website, but we support version 2.2.

In terms of our REST API, its current focus is more around smart charging control than the control and authorization around charging sessions.

OCPI is a widely adopted standard, so to ensure interoperability and future roaming support, it’s what I would recommend for your described use case. Any further questions about OCPI are best asked here: https://community.evnex.io/c/ocpi-open-charge-point-interface

Hi Ed,

I found stop charging button.

Thank You,

Nick

1 Like