Python library and Home Assistant integration

A couple of months ago I wrote a Python library and custom home assistant integration for Evnex chargers.

The evnex Python library can be used to communicate with the evnex api from a Python program or script. It can be installed using: pip install evnex

The Home Assistant integration can be installed from the Home Assistant Community Store, or manually using the source code from https://github.com/hardbyte/ha-evnex

Once authenticated, the integration creates a device in Home Assistant for any chargers you have access to. Each charger exposes a bunch of sensor data, and a switch to control starting and pausing of charging.

Some of the data exposed to Home Assistant can be seen in the screenshot:

1 Like

Thats awesome. Having this integration will be the reason I buy an evnex charger. Being able to start and stop the charger based on the charge percentage of my Sonnen battery and solar charging rate will be a game changer. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey, Interested in obtaining some of the data from the EVNEX Charger. Where did you manage to get the Client ID and Secret from on CP-Link? I can’t seem to find it:

Hi Bruce.

These are part of the Enterprise subscription to CP-Link. The python library described in this thread uses the driver app endpoints which have different access controls.

Regards,

Tom