Reading unit limit settings

Is there any way to read, and preferably also to set, the unit Charger Current Limit and Mains Supply Limit settings on an Evnex E2? I believe they may be misconfigured on my installation but I have no way to view them. The Evnex app doesn’t show them, the Installer app doesn’t let me log in, and while I can link to the BLE endpoint on the device I cant work out which calls to make and don’t want to accidentally brick it.

In addition, it would be good to know how to change the OCPP endpoint used by the E2 device so that I can switch it to a different server but that’s a separate issue

Hi Steve.

Those numbers can be seen from our backend but there is no way for them to be read by any driver-facing apps. I can confirm that your current limit was set at 30A rather than 32A, though I’m not sure why the electrician chose to do that - possibly to protect the wiring or breaker? The mains supply limit is set to 63A which is likely what your house will be (it’s the most common limit for single phase residential homes).

The OCPP endpoint similarly isn’t something that can be changed by a driver-facing app. What’s your use case for wanting to connect to a different server? You may find that you can get what you want by using the same API endpoints as the app does, which one of our other customers did here: Python library and Home Assistant integration

Regards,

Tom

Thanks for the response - basically, I’m interested in being able to find out more about the device, and have more visibility and control of all the settings on my device. I’m also looking into the open-source OCPP servers such as StEVe and evcc-io as a possibility to be able to run the charger without any requirement for Internet connectivity, for security. I suspect all these additional options can be set using the installer tool over BLE, but that of course also won’t work without authenticating to the internet

From a security perspective, the Evnex OCPP backend uses the 1.6-J security extension, which in our view is currently strong enough to confidently run a cloud-based service (though of course we follow any challenges to this view with great interest and will make changes when necessary).

At present our terms require an exemption in order to move away from the Evnex backend (see clause 5.6), largely because it is difficult for us to provide the level of support that we aspire to when we can’t see what a charger is doing or how it is set up. In addition it prevents us from providing any demand response service when there are constraints on the grid, and makes it impossible for our driver app to work with your charger.

Regards,

Tom