Feature Request - Can carbon calculator differentiate between Solar and Grid

Hi All,

Spotted the carbon calculator that is in the reporting, does this differentiate between Solar/Battery charging (home internal electricity) and Grid charging? I suspect it’s generically calculating Grid, and be nice if it could differentiate or take into account Solar obtained charging.

Cheers
Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Welcome to the Evnex community forum :slightly_smiling_face:

The carbon emission calculator should account for solar and grid at the moment i.e.

• If the whole charging session is on solar then 0 g CO2 will be displayed.
  • If the charging session is partly solar then only the part which is not solar will be used to calculate the total carbon emission.

Cheers,

Pedro

Ah, right…this is probably something the later model caters for, the R7 I don’t believe has solar or grid monitoring and thus doesn’t display 0g when using solar…it’s taking nothing from the grid…I have a PowerWall2 that acts very much like a capacitor…taking up the slack when needed and is mostly charged via solar in summer.

1 Like

Hi Graeme,

That’s correct, only the later models are compatible with our power sensor (load monitoring).

Although, you can’t see it on the app it is still a nice set up :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers

Pedro