Stop charge percentage

It’s not clear from the docs and screenshots if you can control the charge percentage. For example can I set in the app to stop charging once the battery is at 80%.

In order for an AC charger like ours to be able to read the state of charge of the battery, the car needs to support the ISO15118 protocol. At the moment there are very few cars that support this (the only example in New Zealand that I’m aware of is the Porsche Taycan, and even in the rest of the world I only know of three other models).

It will eventually become commonplace, but until that happens we cannot stop charging at a certain percentage, because we can’t read the battery information from the car.

1 Like

Hi Tom, presumably you could read the charge using the APIs provided by the car manufacturer (e.g. Tesla)?

Yes that is an option for those which do provide such an API, and one we are exploring. I wrote that previous answer nearly two years ago and the ISO15118 situation hasn’t really improved!

Tesla have finally released an official API that should be maintained, and there are others out there -though many have them in their larger markets but don’t offer connectivity in Australasian markets which is a shame.

Regards,

Tom